Acquisition & Investment Management
We seek to acquire high quality investments at discounts to replacement cost. Our in-house real estate expertise enables us to determine an asset’s underlying value, often helping us identify and control investment opportunities before others. Such knowledge and experience help to reduce investment risk and enable us to make advantageous and timely acquisitions.
LandMark’s in-house acquisitions professionals carefully manage each element of the due diligence process to increase the likelihood of a successful acquisition – the due diligence process includes:
- Analysis of the supply and demand dynamics in the selected market or submarket.
- Constant analysis of the macro- and microeconomic variables that can effect change in all major markets around the world—such as changes in interest rates, strength of local economies, influx/flight of industries and companies into or out of submarkets, and changes in local tax codes—that could yield strong investment opportunities for LandMark.
- A thorough review of the existing or proposed financial structure of the property.
- A detailed review of asset expenses and analysis of potential operating cost savings.
- Market validation of leasing assumptions and identification of prospective new tenants.
- In-house management and coordination, legal counsel and tax experts and other professionals both within and outside of our organization.